UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Hobbies and Interests in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wivers

Hello if any of you fancy sharing some of your out of tiling activities....... (No Gazz you cant include dogging) then tell us in here. If your kids are budding footballers, ballet dancers or shoplifters you can also bragg about it in here.

My boy has just started to get into football properly. He's 7 noe and i have been taking him to spurs games and trying to get him interested since he was about 5, but its only recently he's got the bug for himself and is asking me to play penalties in the garden rather than on Fifa 2007 on the bloody PS2. He's joined a soccer school locally on Saturday mornings, been doing it for about 3 months now . I only have my kids weekends as they live with their mum, and every time i go to watch him he seemes to have improved a bit more. I found myself shouting instructions to him from the side line this week like i was watching a pro game on telly, this is sad coz i remember my dad doing the same to me and think what a plonker. This week though i saw him make his first sliding challenge on one of the older kids who was alot better than the rest and i know its wrong but i couldnt stop a massive smile of pride beaming over my face when he took the ball clean and the big kid went 5 foot in the air with it. " That's ma boy" :) :) :)

I play sunday football for Broxbourne rangers reserves in the Mercury and Waltham league. This year we won the Reserve cup, but had a crap season other then that.
I love to get a round of golf in or two if i can, but its becoming more difficlut the more my mrs put's that thumb print on my head!!

G

GazLC81

My golf isn't great! I used to be alright but I haven't played as much in the last few years! I have decided to properly get back into recently and had my first ever lesson for 12 years yesterday.

What a difference! My grip was all over the place! I ache like buggery now mind! :sad_smile:

Gaz
----
Car are my other hobby, just had to sell one to fit the van on the drive! Stupid job!:whatchutalkingabout

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CON5933

Hello if any of you fancy sharing some of your out of tiling activities....... (No Gazz you cant include dogging) then tell us in here. If your kids are budding footballers, ballet dancers or shoplifters you can also bragg about it in here.

My boy has just started to get into football properly. He's 7 noe and i have been taking him to spurs games and trying to get him interested since he was about 5, but its only recently he's got the bug for himself and is asking me to play penalties in the garden rather than on Fifa 2007 on the bloody PS2. He's joined a soccer school locally on Saturday mornings, been doing it for about 3 months now . I only have my kids weekends as they live with their mum, and every time i go to watch him he seemes to have improved a bit more. I found myself shouting instructions to him from the side line this week like i was watching a pro game on telly, this is sad coz i remember my dad doing the same to me and think what a plonker. This week though i saw him make his first sliding challenge on one of the older kids who was alot better than the rest and i know its wrong but i couldnt stop a massive smile of pride beaming over my face when he took the ball clean and the big kid went 5 foot in the air with it. " That's ma boy" :) :) :)

I play sunday football for Broxbourne rangers reserves in the Mercury and Waltham league. This year we won the Reserve cup, but had a crap season other then that.
I love to get a round of golf in or two if i can, but its becoming more difficlut the more my mrs put's that thumb print on my head!!

Wivers...are you the goalie or are Upshire just a good team:wink_smile:

B

brian c

My main interests are golf 19 handicap & getting worse,drinking with my buddies and family,got a new interest called tilers forum.Like WIVERSmy son is six and attends a local soccer academy.Since joining at 5 he has come on leaps and bounds and is developing into a very positive and adventurous kid.He startted playing at 4 at the SFA coaching course which he loved and has carried this forward to the academy.My daughter is 3 and is mad about FIFI AND THE FLOWER TOTS,she loves her trampoline in the garden and like her brother she loveswto kick a ball.To date i have taken my son to Ibrox to watch THE GLASGOW RANGERS several times and he loves it just like his dad!

L

lm tiles

my hobbies are horse racing and fly fishing , i've got a share in a horse just now under national hunt rules and have been quite lucky this season 2 wins and a third and alos luck enough to have been 5th on new years day at cheltenham . my son works in racing for Nicky Richards but had to give up race riding after a neck injury but he had been going not to bad having won on the flat for Mark Johnston then a few for his present gov . my Daughter has a load o medals for Highland dancing and the wifes hobby i suppose is looking after us lot . LOL

C

CON5933

I nearly bought a share in a horse... it's name was 'My Face'
It couldn't run very fast but I wanted to hear the women shouting.. "COME ON MY F........."
th250734433.gif
:wink_smile:

I

IvegotsTILE

My 6 year old takes up most of my time(and all my money)He plays ten pin bowling(highest score 130,average 97,has 2 of his own bowling balls,played in national tournament in Torquay and was playing lads up to 16).Plays golf, has own set of clubs and has been having lessons for a year now(fantastic swing,brilliant at putting and chipping).Plays football for local team and has regular coaching at Notts Forest.Has cricket lessons and has all the gear,fantastic batsman.
Turns 7 in a month and has asked for seson ticket to Notts Forest:cry_smile: So proud,definatley can't call us glory hunters anymore.(Nothing else left to get him anyway,already has Nintendo Wii and PSP)
Love taking my little boy to the football,first match he went to everyone shouting 'The referee's a W****r!'luckily he didn't shout that,it went quite then he stood up by himself and shouted 'Referee-YOUR A D**KHEAD!':whatchutalkingabout Everyone turns to look at him then me(women with disgust,blokes with a smile)didn't know wheather to smack him or hug him with pride.
If i get any time or money to myself then I go on the lash and speak to all the lovely young ladies and offer them a bed for the night if they feel a bit tired:wink_smile:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hobbies and Interests in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

S
Young boy I know from my home town Cumnock was up at the Scotland/ Ireland game tonight & fell...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
S
For the 1st time in the last 10yrs I'm seriously considering chucking the tiling game!!! I was...
Replies
Views
charlie1
C
I started a job for a new builder today , got to the job found the plumber their cutting tracks...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Hobbies and Interests
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.