Discuss Hollow porcelain tiles. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

gamma38

TF
Bedford
Your questions can't really be answered without lifting a tile to find out what's going on. It's a bit unfair to try and get one of the guys to commit to saying you shouldn't pay as nobody really knows what's happened, only you can decide that one. i would say a tile needs to come up, until then your doing the preverbal into the wind.

U

UnhappyCustomer

Your questions can't really be answered without lifting a tile to find out what's going on. It's a bit unfair to try and get one of the guys to commit to saying you shouldn't pay as nobody really knows what's happened, only you can decide that one. i would say a tile needs to come up, until then your doing the preverbal into the wind.

so I'm correct in wanting the work inspected then.

gamma38

TF
Bedford
You have to give the tiler a fair crack at the whip to rectify the problem, i.e. change out the individual tile, then you could quiz him about the rest of the tiles sounding hollow. Then if he refuses or just isn't interested you are within your rights to sound out your concerns and say you would like an independent opinion.

U

UnhappyCustomer

do the tiles sound hollow round the edge of the tile are just the centre ?,
sound odd to me that a glass would break the floor tile could do with posting a pic of cracked tile and of the laid floor

No the hollow parts are random. They have attempted on repair by putting something under the tiles on one edge so I know at least they were hollow. Some of the repair still is which leads me to believe the rest may not be correct.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hollow porcelain tiles. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
We had a water underfloor heating installed and tiled over. 3 months later we noticed many tiles...
Replies
Views
Amethsyt
A
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB