Discuss Hopefully it's all working out well - adhesive question. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cornish_crofter

The Greenscreed I've got should be enough.

I used nearly all of one bag on the former. I used a 10mm round notched trowel to apply adhesive to the concrete base and to back butter the former. The area involved is about 1.2m sq. Times that by 2 (one for each surface) and you've got 2.4. So BAL weren't far off with their coverage.

That leaves about 3 kg in the bag and another unopened bag to take care of the ditra matting in the rest of the room. As that area is only around 2.5m sq, I should easily have enough.

However I am thinking along the lines of using the rest of the Greenscreed to start the actual laying of the tiles with. After the Ditra matting is stuck down I may have half a bag or so left. Seems a shame to waste it unless anyone near me needs a small amount of Greenscreed :lol:

I would be looking for a flexable tile adhesive on the former. My first choice would be the bal fastflex, which I did buy a couple of years ago for around 7.99 a bag. Is the Greenscreed as flexible and would it be OK for on the former if I decide to use it up before breaking into a bag of fast flex or similar?

Then my next move would be to use the left over fast flex (or whatever it is) for a few wall tiles??

C

cornish_crofter

Fast flex for 7.99.. i think you missed a 4 out at the front..:lol:..

When I did the first wetroom a couple of years ago I was buying a BAL fast setting flexible tile adhesive for around that price. BAL didn't offer technical support for it in the normal sense as they reckoned it was a cheap product.

That was via CTD and it was one of their specials at the time.

I'm looking at a Weber adhesive, which I believe is flexible but I'll need to make sure. That is also one of their specials at the moment.

My question is, is the greenscreed flexible and if so, could I use it to tile the former without incident?

Reply to Hopefully it's all working out well - adhesive question. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi I am planning to fit natural stone 300x100 tiles on my bathroom upstairs onto P5 boards. I...
Replies
Views
Need some help please with calculating levels and the build up of the floor to support tiling...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Hopefully it's all working out well - adhesive question.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.