Guest viewing is limited
  • Thread starter doug boardley
  • Start date
  • Replies 23
  • Views 1K
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss hosepipe ban, anyone else affected? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

Well here in the wettest county in the wettest country in western europe, we are now issued with a hosepipe ban. Seems a bit strange as United Utilities loses about 462 million litres per day through leaking pipes. If anyone is caught they face a £1000 fine. I regularly pressure wash my hen house out and not sure wether this is allowed or not.
Are any of you subject to a hosepipe ban or got a ban looming?

C

CJ CERAMICS

not only do they lose 462 litres per day due to leaks they have the cheek to say that they are doing a great job of water management and that their customers get the best possible service......which justifies salarys to the top executives of £900k. they have also isued a statement declaring a spending budget of £70 million over the next 2 years to further improve services? when questioned where the finances for this improvement is coming from......the answer from their profits?......so to sum up......waste a lot of water...tell customers not to use water or they will fine us....pay over the odds wages to those losing the water...still charge customers the same money for not using the water....then spend the our money to improve a service which in theory they can tell us not to use.....and they say the lunatics are inside the asylum??????

D

doug boardley

I don't think anybody would be using their garden sprinklers here today anyway....it's the lake district and it's pouring down
rain-035.gif

D

Deleted member 9966

I can't remember Stoke ever having a hosepipe ban, but it probably has. I had a letter from Severn Trent explaining that Tittesworth Reservoir (which services Stoke and surrounding areas) was low and that they were warning us now that they would be shipping in water from other companies and that it might taste odd. And they also notified us of water saving schemes.

I have 2 water butts full of rain or grey water. I always put the plug in the bath whilst I'm having a shower and fill the bath up with grey water (almost a bath full when 2 people have showers per day) and use that to water my plants and lawns. I also adopted the "if it's yellow, let it mellow, if it's brown, flush it down" on all the loo's in the house (unless we have visitors coming round :oops:).

and we also have a leaking gutter corner on the house, so a big old black waste bin is situated under the leak so it fills up every time it rains :hurray:

If we get a hosepipe ban in Stoke, I'll wash my car with dirty bathwater if I have to. Dishwasher is AAA rated so best efficiency I could afford. I even empty the water out of the condensor tumble dryer and water the house plants with it

:thumbsup: So I'm doing my bit :thumbsup:

Reply to hosepipe ban, anyone else affected? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
hosepipe ban, anyone else affected?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.