Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Hot and cold water pipes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

If (as suggested) there is any way you can pull up the floorboards then I would personally cut the pipes back until they were under the floor.

I would chase out the plaster to just under the sink. Then embed polyplumb plastic pipe into the wall under the floorboards and reconnect.

kichen-plumbing-with-insulation.jpg

Messy - yes - but by chasing out the wall behind you get a great finish

pedestal-sink-2il.jpg

I hate exposed pipes with a vengence!

If your sink has a half pedestal then it will hide the entry points for the pipes

K33B2--275.jpg

Much nicer not to see any pipework.!

If your sink is exposed you can drill neat holes into the tiles and bring through chrome pipes from the wall

37.JPG

S

shorn

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but the photos here are just what I want to do. I need to run pipes to a rad and a feed to the loo along a wall, my thought was to chase the wall out (like the photo) and (using) speedfit plastic pipe/connections run the feeds through the wall. I would end up with 3 elbows within the wall (one on each pipe to exit from the wall)

I'm wondering how the gap that's chased is filled? Do you just ply over it to keep the cavity?
I would also be concerned about having joints in the wall, but presumably you could leave the gap where the joint is and try and tile straight over? Worst comes to worst you would be able to hook out a few tiles and gain access.

Any thoughts?

D

Deleted member 1779

Dont worry too much about whats going on behind the tiles. You can rough kango the wall to chase in the pipework.

Once you tile over then you will never know whats behind. Pipes can "knock" if not secure so make some effort to tie them.

As long as your exit pipes look neat on the tiles then you wont have too much to worry about.

Example:

radiator3.jpg

Shown is a 32mm sink waste (socket used 40mm) and a 15mm copper pipe for the hot and cold (socket used 16mm)

radiator5.jpg

However if you are coming through with polyplumb fixings then a 30mm hole will give you clearance if you want to be sure of getting the fittings through.

19.jpg

Here you can see in more detail that we cut a 30mm hole for a polyplumb joint

15.jpg

If your "tail" is going to be the 15mm pipe (copper or plastic) then go for the 16mm hole
If its likely one of the fitting will be in the hole then 30mm is your size.

17.jpg

15mm hole

(make sense? )

Reply to Hot and cold water pipes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Hot and cold water pipes
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.