Discuss How deep should a gas pipe be into concrete substrate? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dougmontgomery

Hi everyone,

I'm about to construct a concrete doorstep ready for Victorian geometric tile. Its was dug up to install a gas pipe to run under the doorstep. The gas people have now placed the pipe very near the surface almost level with the old substate (which Ive now broken out). If I concrete a new doorstep now it'll barely cover the pipe. There's little room to raise the step height to accommodate it as it would obstruct the grille at the back under the threshold.

I am going to put 3mm of self levelling on top of the concrete, but will this be sufficient, or should the gas pipe have been installed much deeper?

Would appreciate any advice.
Thanks,
Doug
pipe 1 .jpg pipe close up .jpg pipe 3 .jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to How deep should a gas pipe be into concrete substrate? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Hi, Ive got a job where the gas board need to re-install a gas pipe so it runs beneath the...
Replies
Views
dougmontgomery
D
Hey guys just wondered if anyone had drilled into a gas pipe and what happened afterwards Iv...
Replies
Views
I have a customer who would like a concrete footpath built. It is merely 4m long and a metre...
Replies
Views
Hi Apologies for what i'm sure is a pretty obvious question: I'm about to do my second ever...
Replies
Views
Simon benn Leeds
S
http://www.*************************.com/water-underfloor-heating-152-w.asp Supplying Water...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB