Discuss How do I do that in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi
I know T&G flooring grade chip is unsuitable for tiling on to but if the conditions were right ie no deflection and it being well secured to joists (which are 400mm centres and short edges supported)
would laying a Ditra mat using the recommended fixing adhesives be a viable option as apposed to the recommended pro solution of overboarding with ply,cement board or ripping up and replacing
i have contacted Schluter and they have said this can be done they have recommended Ardex AF200 for securing the mat and Bal Rapidset flexible fibre for fixing the tiles
it has also been suggested overboarding with a 6mm cement board rather than Ditra
please don't shoot me down in flames this is a DIY job for myself
any advice would be much appreciated
:thumbsup::thumbsdown:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to How do I do that in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am planning on tiling my bathroom floor, I removed the old tiles myself which were...
Replies
Views
Hi I have been browsing these forums for a while and have picked up lot of useful advice. There...
Replies
Views
Long term lurker to the forum. I usually tile kitchen splashbacks or tile for family but now im...
Replies
Views
RDTiling
R
M
Hi everyone and a happy new year to you all.......I'm just after a second opinion here regarding...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB