Search the forum,

Discuss How do I remove white 'cloudy' stains from Victorian tiles? in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

I don’t think TFR is the best thing to use, as it isn’t a car! Try a Lithofin product, there is one for every occasion really, all the info on there site

E

Emmet K H

Hi, If anyone can assist I'd be grateful. I have Victorian tiles which I purchased reclaimed to Finnish a job. when they arrived they seem to have a pattern stain lime that of underlay. I can't wash it off. I have tried many different methods. I did try baking soda mixed with washing up liquid and a drop of water - this did with effort remove the stain. but it seems this method is taking a slight layer off the top of the time. I will try enhance the time with perhaps linseed oil ?

Anyone come across this staining and perhaps recommend the right way for its removal.

Many thanks

Reaction score
Hi, If anyone can assist I'd be grateful. I have Victorian tiles which I purchased reclaimed to Finnish a job. when they arrived they seem to have a pattern stain lime that of underlay. I can't wash it off. I have tried many different methods. I did try baking soda mixed with washing up liquid and a drop of water - this did with effort remove the stain. but it seems this method is taking a slight layer off the top of the time. I will try enhance the time with perhaps linseed oil ?

Anyone come across this staining and perhaps recommend the right way for its removal.

Many thanks
Classic reclaimed tile issue. That's what you bought, because there was an issue.
Sorry, but some things are just to good to be true. You've been had!

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score

Reply to How do I remove white 'cloudy' stains from Victorian tiles? in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen