Guest viewing is limited

Discuss How do i tile in corners ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

Lee thats the only way you can tile corners matey, one tile goes to the wall leaving a small gap, when you are doing the next wall you leave a small 2/3mm gap and you silicone this gap when everything is dry. Dont grout it and then silicone.
Have you prepped the walls properly? What are you tiling onto? Skimmed walls, plasterboard etc? What adhesive are you using?

:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
hi lee, dont start a full tile in a corner mate as the walls may be off try and centre your tiles on your shower walls so you get full tiles and cuts go to the sides off this.

also leave a small gap but dont fill with grout fill with silicone mate as grout will crack you need silicione for movement

also i wd use a white adhesive mapei keraquik wd be nice one to use for your trav mate and if your not up to speed on the siliconing then there is a product out there called cornertape this stuff is amazing to help you avheive the perfect silicone joint

good luck:thumbsup:

A

Aston

hi essex lee

as kilty explained, it can be a problem if you full tile from the corner if you dont take precautions so if you do want to full tile from the corner, then put a plumb line down the wall, say approx 6 inches from the inside corner and measure to see if its the same distance from the line to the wall at the top, middle and bottom..if you have the same distance give or take 1-2mm then you can full tile depending if this allows you the right cuts elsewhere..

T

The D

Lee thats the only way you can tile corners matey, one tile goes to the wall leaving a small gap, when you are doing the next wall you leave a small 2/3mm gap and you silicone this gap when everything is dry. Dont grout it and then silicone.
Have you prepped the walls properly? What are you tiling onto? Skimmed walls, plasterboard etc? What adhesive are you using?

:thumbsup:
its not the only way m8:thumbsup:

B

Big-Smudge

hi lee, dont start a full tile in a corner mate as the walls may be off try and centre your tiles on your shower walls so you get full tiles and cuts go to the sides off this.

also leave a small gap but dont fill with grout fill with silicone mate as grout will crack you need silicione for movement

also i wd use a white adhesive mapei keraquik wd be nice one to use for your trav mate and if your not up to speed on the siliconing then there is a product out there called cornertape this stuff is amazing to help you avheive the perfect silicone joint

good luck:thumbsup:

Have a look at this you can't go wrong, [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taD3yCZxNV0]YouTube - Seal tiles with silicone and cornertape.[/ame]

Reply to How do i tile in corners ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Some helpful advice/opinion would be appreciated... Existing tiles on walls, some of the walls...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
How do i tile in corners ?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.