Discuss how do people book holidays/mini-breaks in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

david campbell

normally i always just book as a package,but a few mates of mine have been booking trips with the flights and accomodation especially stag do's etc and said it was cheaper.
i've just been looking at 3 days for me and the mrs in paris and flying with ryanair and booking the hotel seperately it's about £160/180 for both of us with the flights at £22 returns,playing about with the dates i can even get the flights down to £10:thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'm booking skiing, flights, accommodation, lift-passes, ski hire and transfers (a man in a van with a bench in the back lol) all separately and I've halved my costs!

I have a mate of a mate that goes all around europe for long weekends for like £30, flights and accommodation. He went new york a couple of months ago just to go the levis shop as he heard they sold levis for £20 a pair lol. Spent 10 days there for 300 booking everything last minute and separately! He also spent 300 on levis, sold half of them and made his money back.

On the flip side, got another mate who was messing around with the websites checking to see what she'd have to pay for various places and she booked loads of random flights and hotels until it withdrew all her money from her account and the page said "sorry this card has been declined" which is when she realised she was still logged in from a couple of months ago when we went Ibiza (this was last year now). Luckily she rang the place and they refunded the lot as she was booking things (well, was meant to just be looking at the total prices) for things months ahead so they didn't really mind refunding it.

So go steady! lol

Used to go with a lass who's aunt used to go on coach trips to geneva but found it cheaper to go with her and her two sons with empty cases to a sunny destination for a weekend and come back with their legal quota for backy and ****, and although they ran out quicker (they used to sell it) she'd be off again in another two weeks time. She used to pay for her and the lads ON THE DAY they wanted to go, and they got some mint deals. Nothing more than £70 for the three of them and they'd come back and make the £70 back within minutes of them being back and then have plenty of smokes to smoke/sell over the coming weeks too.

S

SandyFloor

I get the wife to do it. She's the holiday booking fairy. She even researches for friends as she loves doing it so much. She'll find the best deal for the best price and find anything on the resort/hotel there is to know. I have to say she's never got it wrong. Tell a lie.....she booked and paid with Goldtrail the morning of the afternoon they went bust but don't suppose that was her fault and it was covered by insurance.

The prices you're talking about I don't think you can do much better.What I would do ( if you haven't already) is to check out where to eat and drink as Paris is expensive if you don't know where to go.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I don't know how travel agents make it these days to be honest. Big chains are always empty when you walk past them, and their window "deals" are well overpriced! We have an independent travel agents locally too (you don't see many of them about these days!) and I tell you what, you're lucky if you see a person go in or out of there in a year. Lived in the area for years, driven past the place umpteen times a day some days and never seen the lady who runs it sit with an actual customer, ever. Don't know how she stands the rates on the building thinking about it.

Reply to how do people book holidays/mini-breaks in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

D
I've mentioned before on here that we've been invited to a wedding in Kenya next February. At...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
IT'S A PURE DEAD GIVE-AWAY THAT YOU'RE SCOTTISH IF :- 1. You consider scattered showers with...
Replies
Views
brian c
B

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
how do people book holidays/mini-breaks
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.