Discuss How do you explain in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Yes guys she is trying it -on she is even saying the rendering is cheaper for the first stage than the tiling for the second stage, well they are two different skill sets jus because the two stages took the same time they are still charged at different rates :incazzato:my wife will send her an e-mail tomorrow putting our point over firmly but tactfully as they owe us money , this is the side of the job i hate :thumbsup: thanks for your input guys it all helps in giving us idears as to how to approach them tactfully :thumbsup::hurray:

This is one of the many drawbacks of having a trade. If we ask for deposits up front we're classed as cowboys who may disappear with their money, if we wait til the end we risk being knocked for our money. Its all based on trust, but accepting the price doesn't always guarantee payment at the end.

I liken it to shopping in a supermarket, filling the trolley, then refusing to pay at the till. There is a name for that ... shoplifting, but with us it seems it is just one of the many hazards.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Sometimes were our own worst enemies.
We strive to be efficient and professional and be on top of our game only to get grief at the end of the contract. If we stand around half the day scratching our balls and drinking tea the job would take longer and properly would be paid straight away!!!

Most of the time there just jealous of your earning potential shame they can't look at the bigger picture. The fact you have worked hard to learn a trade and build a business that has taken years to develop. .

aytiling

TF
Arms
Nottingham
I used to get this all the time when I worked for Fired Earth. They charged the customer 50% inc. VAT on top of what they paid me, and I could make £600 a day. I would finish the job, they would be as happy as Larry because I would take a day and FE would recommend to them that the job would take 3 days (they used a formula that they expected that one of their tilers would manage to finish 8 metres a day!!!) The customer would sign the finish sheet saying they were happy with the work, then a few days later I would get a call from the instillation department asking if I would take a little hit on the job because the customer had rung up saying that £1,200 for a days work seemed excessive.

W

White Room

I used to get this all the time when I worked for Fired Earth. They charged the customer 50% inc. VAT on top of what they paid me, and I could make £600 a day. I would finish the job, they would be as happy as Larry because I would take a day and FE would recommend to them that the job would take 3 days (they used a formula that they expected that one of their tilers would manage to finish 8 metres a day!!!) The customer would sign the finish sheet saying they were happy with the work, then a few days later I would get a call from the instillation department asking if I would take a little hit on the job because the customer had rung up saying that £1,200 for a days work seemed excessive.

I take it that Fired Earth was'nt going to take the hit then...

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to How do you explain in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/tiling-rates-per-square-meter-per-day-how-much-do-tilers-cha...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? I know this is a hard...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB