UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss how do you present quotes? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stewart

Interesting to hear a tiler going to estimate and price a job with a laptop - sure that impresses quite a few customers so not surprised you win 80% of jobs. I have posted elsewhere about the benefits of producing a very professional impression when pricing - its your chance to pitch a good sales patter and win jobs. I have never employed tradesmen who give a "like it or lump it" attitude - sorry to say its usually plumbers who give that impression when they turn up to price a job!

Judging by the number of "Typed on my iWot using Tapatalk" I see on messages posted here - it wont be long before tilers arrive with iPad with "MeasureandAreaCalculator" App and "QuoteBuilderPro" App that can measure, calculate quote material needs and email the quote to the customer as you talk to them.

I already use my iPad as a way of showing my portfolio to show pics and video's while I'm measuring up and the customer can usually see something similar to what they want.....

Created on iPhone.....

M

MTiler

I email my quotes/estimates to customers listing all the work to be done so they know whats involved.
I take with me an 'estimate sheet' with customers details, type of tile to be used, grout colour?, tile trim? tanking? etc. etc. even parking details, plus what the substrates are and what needs doing, and of course the measurements, usually with a little drawing. Thats my reference for the job which comes in handy when a customer gets back to me 6 months later lol.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I email my quotes/estimates to customers listing all the work to be done so they know whats involved.
I take with me an 'estimate sheet' with customers details, type of tile to be used, grout colour?, tile trim? tanking? etc. etc. even parking details, plus what the substrates are and what needs doing, and of course the measurements, usually with a little drawing. Thats my reference for the job which comes in handy when a customer gets back to me 6 months later lol.

yeh, i get that.......'its mrs smith, you quoted my job 10 months ago, remember?'......errr no!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to how do you present quotes? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, First post and not entirely sure if this is the right place to post my question so...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have a question about how/when best to install tile trim - probably quite basic! One...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.