UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss How far do you go for work ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

peckers

I travel upto 1.5 hrs in time to work and back anything over that time i then get b+b as its no longer cost affective to drive there and back everyday, I also work all over the uk if the money is there!
I seldom work in my own area as the work is very basic and it doesn't interest me and the customers seem to know more then the tiler does about how it should be done(Or so they think)

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
A question forr all those of you who have worked abroad, how easy is it to get your tools shipped over and does it cost much?

Last time I worked in Spain I just took my ts40 crammed my trowel and a couple of tools in the box,and took that,and padlocked it The customer had a mixing drill...otherwise just fill your bags up and take some shorts ;)

T

Time's Ran Out

Been working in the south for a while now 2 weeks on then 2 weeks back home working locally!
Tiling down there for a Great Forum Member and it gives me the opportunity of staying with my Mam.
You don't realise how good it is to have your shirts washed and ironed every day, a bait box ready in the fridge to go and then back in the evening to watch a bit of telly before she's off to bed.
But that's now. Previously when a trip abroad is offered I usually price it up to go as it's great experience and usually very interesting.
DSC00367.jpg

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Been working in the south for a while now 2 weeks on then 2 weeks back home working locally!
Tiling down there for a Great Forum Member and it gives me the opportunity of staying with my Mam.
You don't realise how good it is to have your shirts washed and ironed every day, a bait box ready in the fridge to go and then back in the evening to watch a bit of telly before she's off to bed.
But that's now. Previously when a trip abroad is offered I usually price it up to go as it's great experience and usually very interesting.
View attachment 46590
Happy Days John :thumbsup:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

A question forr all those of you who have worked abroad, how easy is it to get your tools shipped over and does it cost much?

In Europe I just took the van, but in the states the company we were working for shipped a container over, they supplied everything tools, boots, hard hats, hi vis vests etc. unfortunately most of it went missing in transit, so the vice president of the company took me to a tool mart, like Wall mart, only just tools. I was like a kid in a sweet shop, seven of everything levels, trowels, chalk lines, on and on. Marshaltown trowels, floats, you name it they bought it. Sadly we had to leave most of it behind when we finished.:thumbsdown:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to How far do you go for work ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.