Discuss How far would you go... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

How far would you travel to look at a job? Had one today 1 hours drive away...The job was to replace 30 cracked marble floor tiles, and clean & seal 90 sqm of marble floor tiles. Told them due to the distance i require a small payment to cover my costs of advice and test the floor to see the finish they wanted...I said it would be £70 to come out. They said that was fine...Just got back with £70.00 in my pocket. Im not prepared to travel this distance without a payment as i cant afford to be driving around the countyside for nothing anymore also it may cut out the time wasters. :thumbsup:

S

Spud

I regularly travel from herts to kent and use the Dartford tunnel which is £4 per day, its 65miles and takes 1hr and 15minutes each way no big deal in my opinion and we make good money on the jobs down there so I cant see a problem and wouldnt want to kill a golden goose by asking for travelling money I guess if it were just measures and pricing up i would have to question whether to put a £1-£2 on per m2 to cover this but its a regular customer who has a lot of work for us

Reply to How far would you go... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
How far would you go...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.