UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss How is work going for you.? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
From what I can tell it seems to be more about contacts and contracts these days more than waiting for the phone to ring from domestics who are all price-based.

The majority of my work comes from recommendation and I always get the job at the price I quote for. When I'm recommended I'm not normally having to price against anybody else either, which obviously makes life easier. I very rarely do any commercial work, 99% domestic, and had to turn away 2 bathrooms last week as they wanted them within next 4 weeks. Just couldn't fit them in.

C

CDS

Had a good start to the year and was fully booked from Jan to end of April. In May it started to slow down and June's been dreadful.

Have picked up a few decent Plumbing jobs and some tiling repairs in the last 2 weeks which have all been good money and paid the bills, but the diary for next week is empty. I'll be up on the High Street on Saturday morning handing out business cards if nothing comes in tomorrow....

Reply to How is work going for you.? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.