UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss How is work going..? (update 2)... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london
just back from work :hurray:
DSC_0256.jpg DSC_0257.jpg DSC_0258.jpg DSC_0259.jpg DSC_0260.jpg

took me 3 hours. Client didn't want waterproof walls. Did it any way (had Ardex kit in my van)

Things are all good half way through a large bathroom refurb been a nightmare so far tho think its gonna cost me more than the customer. Got a phone call of one of my regular clients he just bought another club and I've got all the toilets then gonna try and take a couple of months off if i can our babys due soon and want to be around to help other half and welcome our little man into the world.

G

garybadger

March and April where hectic. 2 days off and that was working weekends as well.
Starting to see it slowing down now though, hope to get a few big jobs in shortly.
Actually just lost out on 2 jobs by being undercut. Not even close in price, but blown completely out the water.
1 off them was a bathroom for a builder I do work for. Client wanted, underfloor heating, wet floor, as well. There was the tanking off the wet area, self level the floor once the underfloor heating mat was stuck down, 20m2 porcelain on the walls, 5m2 travertine mosaic on the floor. Guy undercut my price by HALF the £££.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Never known it this bad for me personally, getting undercut on 90% of the few jobs that trickle through.
Just had a call for a bathroom and I'm looking at that tomorrow. Really need the work so I am going to have to price it keen.
Hate to have to do that but needs must and all that.. saving grace is it's local.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london
Getting enough through to pay the bills but no big jobs. Having to offer a handyman service to keep work coming in lol. Quite enjoy doing random bits though.

Lol why didn't the customer want waterproofing? They planning on not using the shower?
well bathroom is in basement, so nobody to flood below :lol:
. but they could flood themselfs, so i did it

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Added details on Google Places and Freeindex Bathroom Fitter in Edinburgh (UK) - Lothian & Borders Property Services and Ive had to consider dropping the adwords thing. I mean my daily budget is set at £10 and yesterday alone I got charged £22.07 for 36 clicks but then all the calls I got were pain in the bum ones anyway :(
Adwords wouldn't work too well for a tiler mate to be honest. Good for online shops and whatnot. But not most types of tradesmen.

You can customise the Adwords quite a lot so that you're not paying much per click for long-tail search terms (ones not so primary therefore competitive) so instead of "Tiler in Edinburgh" try "wall tiler in edinburg" and "floor tiler in edinburgh" and use the cancel out thing so that you don't show at all for "tiler in edinburgh" and you should find you don't hit your daily budget so quickly because your term is much less competitive.

You'll still get the same sort of actual calls though I think.

I'd optimise your own website and get on google places and get climbing the freeindex listing page by getting more reviews etc. Send some reviews to your google places page too as that can help get you climb the list of tilers next to the map on Google.co.uk.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Use the cancelling out feature more so than the words you want to show for. Play around with it a lot and you can get a lot of 2p CPC instead of 80p ones for example. And they can be a lot more targetted too.

So a "Tiler in Edinburgh" you might be showing when people are searching "Roof Tiler in Edinburgh" so you want to use the cancel out feature for the word "Roof" so you never show for that.

I used to be very good at optimising adwords but it's changed quite a lot since I paid any big bucks for it per month. Only had a couple of free £50 vouchers I've thrashed on random stuff from time to time.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to How is work going..? (update 2)... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.