Discuss How long between application of grout and sealant/mastic for shower in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

radi

Hi Folks

I am currently doing a tile repair to a shower cabinet mentioned in a previous thread.I have replaced the tiles on the plasterboard wall and given the adhesive 24 hours to set.

The question is how long roughly should you wait to apply sealant/mastic after you have applied the grout?

I am using BAL Superflex and the only instructions that I can see in relation to time are:

1. Allow 15 mins for grout to dry before cleaning the tile surface

2. Wait 24 hours before subjecting tiles to normal service conditions.

Reply to How long between application of grout and sealant/mastic for shower in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. My building had bricking work done on the outside and it seems in the process...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
How long between application of grout and sealant/mastic for shower
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.