Discuss how long will it last 5 mm ply in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tfs

I used 6mm ply on a small film set that I was building. I purchasde the ply then left in in the filming studio over night. When I returned the following day the boards were all severely warped and some very difficult to use. As this was just for a set I got away with it. (board were only being used to sheets some walls)

Bearing in mind this was only one night at room temp, imagine what could happen in a home and places with temperature change and moisture etc.

The only thing that may stop these board warping like mad is the weight of the tiles. If these boards warp at all the boards will just pop through the nails, staples or screws that were used to fix the board to the floor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to how long will it last 5 mm ply in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, a long time since I have been here but back for some advice/reassurance ! About to tile my...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
how long will it last 5 mm ply
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.