Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss How many cutters in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
I have been looking at getting a Rubi 700TX...........Porcelain tiles are getting harder and harder, and my TS sometimes struggles to give a clean break. Also I have been asked to do a few more diag jobs lately.

Mentioned this to my wife (bless she does'nt really understand:wink_smile: ) and she started moaning about buying MORE cutters. "How many have you got, and how many do you need" was here reply. (Wished I'd never asked in the first place):icon8:

Anyway...........How many have you got?

My list is

Rubi star cutter for small kitch jobs......ok and does the job. Shame they did'nt do a TS20 size

TS 50+

TS 70+

ND 200 wet cutter.

A couple of other things in the garage that the names escape me.......cheap crappy one's

I was going to tell her about wanting a radial wet saw.............but thought better of it:icon9:

F

Fekin

Just a scribe and pencil does me.

:D

My inventory if cutters is pathetic at the moment.

Just a £40 Plasplug Powerglide dry cutter and a £30 Plasplug Compact Plus wet cutter and so far I haven't had any jobs that have took them to their limits yet, but I am probably going to get a Plasplug Master Tiler sometime in october as their meant to be having their price slashed by around £50 to £60.

lol, just looked on B&Q, their £79.95 now, so I'll probably get one this week.

P

Paul M

sorry i have been so late in posting this reply guys but it seems everybody uses rubi, i personnally have a sigma which will cut porcelain up to 600 no problem and the wheels only cost £4ish from CTD, is the rubi better than the sigma or just cheeper to buy at onset?? cheers for any feedback, i wouldn't trade made sigma but its always nice to compare

clarke if there is a porcelanosa near you they will hire you the rubi that will cut up to 1.5m, mite save you some cash unless you have the demand for such a big piece of kit

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to How many cutters in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Good Morning,new member here, been in the game 25 years, but never too old to learn stuff. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I am looking to purchase a new wet cutter and after reading the forum it seems the RUBI...
Replies
Views
Unused Account 1
U
G
hi guys I've always used a wet cutter to cut my tiles where ever my dry rail cutter can't do...
Replies
Views
gary b
G
Hi guys, its my first post on there though have been gaining useful tips for a while so thanks...
Replies
Views
G
Hey All - I've just recently started in the trade and on a recent job I used my brand new Rubi...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

CJ

Arms
TF
Somerset

Thread Information

Title
How many cutters
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • BAL

Votes: 25 29.4%