Discuss How many m2 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Well i have laid 50-70 mtr2 of mosaic in a day quite often on big swimming pool floors ,with everything ready to go IE, mosaic all unpacked and stacked in in piles working out of pool and all my kit is on wheels so i'am pretty rapido, .
Then i have been fixing the stone in my wetroom for about 3-4 years :yikes: about 20m2 lol ( Don't remind the wife !!!!) she has forgotten just now :lol:

E

Eduardo

Well i have laid 50-70 mtr2 of mosaic in a day quite often on big swimming pool floors ,with everything ready to go IE, mosaic all unpacked and stacked in in piles working out of pool and all my kit is on wheels so i'am pretty rapido, .
Then i have been fixing the stone in my wetroom for about 3-4 years :yikes: about 20m2 lol ( Don't remind the wife !!!!) she has forgotten just now :lol:

Shoemaker always walk with broken shoes....

T

The D

The original question was (As a rough guide how many meters squared (m2) would a contractor expect in a 8.5hr day on site.)

Unless something has drastically changed in the last few years the answer is 7-10
No one is asking what is the most you have fixed or how many meters you can do in a day on a domestic job are they?
Some firms may have a different average but all the firms I have worked for over the years and I have worked for one or two have all worked on the bases of 7-10 m2 per day.
you may do 15 m2 on Monday (possibly all the straight walls)
then on Tuesday you do 12 m2 (could be a nice little en-suite )
Wednesday you do a 15 m2 floor
Thursday you do a 5 m2 kitchen walls
Friday you grout it all and it is job and knock
Total 47m2 divided by 5 days is 9.4 m2 per day
Some lads will smash this and some will struggle to hit it but with all the things that have to be taken in to consideration for my money 7-10 will be the normal daily average

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I like the sound of this guy,surly this happened a few decades ago? If someone introduced themselves like that

these days you would just need to laugh.... So phill, what was your nickname back in the days??
my nickname back then and I believe it still is I only found out about 3yrs ago I was known by the Manchester lads as half a mill Phil, that is another story I have told it on here before.:thumbsup:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
my nickname back then and I believe it still is I only found out about 3yrs ago I was known by the Manchester lads as half a mill Phil, that is another story I have told it on here before.:thumbsup:

And now you've made that million there's no looking back :lol: I'm being kind there Phil

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
It's what a friend of mine told me, who coincidentally is worth a few million.

He said if he had his time over again though he wouldn't do what he does now, he would have a stall in a market selling stuff for a pound. When it breaks people don't come back and complain, they come back and buy another - simples!!

B

bugs183

alot of you tilers must be making at least a grand a week then

I'd change 'must' to 'could' or 'sometimes'!
I've had weeks where it just doesn't go to plan and you walk away with a few hundred, or on commercial you could do £500.00 a day, these days there is no average.
Before the recession, i would average £200.00 a day as i did lots of big commercial and lots of big easy floors.
These days, things are very very different!!!!
You just have to price carefully, as there are so many factors now, especially with the large formats grinding some jobs to a halt on walls.
It's very easy to be busy and not earning anything.

J

jonnyc

Like the last comment.
its all about taking a view .
its been a very strange year for me thus far.
never been so bad and I have been trading very successfully for 25 years.
I am amazed that so many members are doing so well in this inclement climate.
i guess this difference is that i am having to procure work for my employees who number five fold than an individual tiler.
this said I have just come out of a very difficult period and the future looks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to How many m2 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have removed my old patio 60cm x 60cm concrete slabs which started from the back door of my...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
This is the tiling on a Victorian house bathroom floor after a renovation. Is this alignment /...
Replies
Views
D
Hi guys, I'm tiling a large floor area 30 square meters (rectangle shape room) using 600x600...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 57709
D
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/tiling-rates-per-square-meter-per-day-how-much-do-tilers-cha...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB