UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss How much cheaper can u go in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bubblecraft

There's loads of that on Gumtree from tiling, plastering, joinery etc. I leave them to it. You get what you pay for. These are clearly people who ain't paying there taxes & cash in hand only.

The £450 makes the customer call them which gets their foot in the door. He's also said "estimate" not "quotation" so he can put out any price he likes once he's there. I NEVER give estimates, only quotations.

Let them screw it up, as long as your number is close at hand to rectify it.

This year, at least 30% of my work is rectifying jobs that have been botched. A few years ago, it was much higher but they companies have went bust now which sucks cause it really kept me busy lol

B

Bubblecraft

there was one on gumtree claiming to tile a full bathroom no matter what the size with all materials included for 340 on edinburgh gumtree recently

That's just nuts! I'd love to see the quality of the workmanship & the quality of tiles. Probably done his kitchen splash back & thought it was ok so can do a whole bathroom. Bet it's JT whites as well lol

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to How much cheaper can u go in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? I know this is a hard...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
I don't know if you call it 'hardboard' in the USA but that's what we call it here: a shiny on...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.