Guest viewing is limited

Discuss How much to tile a Victorian front path? - west london in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

honeyrose

How much to tile a Victorian style front path?

I have a Victorian tiled front path (black red yellow tiles) it is around 3 feet wide and 10 feet long and needs replacing. I am trying to get a quote but struggling with the prices I am being quoted: I live in West London and am being quoted £2000 ish for the labour excluding materials and disposal of waste.

My house is a Victorian "halls adjoining" and my neighbour has joined with me for the quote to see if that got us a discount but we are still being quoted £2000 each without materials, which with all due respect, seems very high. A neighbour who had theirs done last year that it took around 2 days.

(I recently had a very good tiling job done on my bathroom at a much lower daily rate but the guy is part of a team doing bathrooms and doesn't do outside paths).

I think one reason for the high cost is that 3 years a young couple with high powered jobs bought one of the houses in the road to renovate. Money was no object to them and among other work they replaced the front path. (I asked them at the time they got theirs done what it cost and they said they paid £2250 for labour only. They just laughed when I said it seemed expensive. They have now moved out and the house is rented out. I know they have had to lower the rental considerably recently to get a tenant).

My neighbour and I are semi retired and cannot afford this sort of cost for the work. Is it actually realistic? I have a spare room and could put someone up for a few days if they wanted to come from somewhere else in the UK to do the job.

Honeyrose

S

smoothie

How much to tile a Victorian style front path?

I have a Victorian tiled front path (black red yellow tiles) it is around 3 feet wide and 10 feet long and needs replacing. I am trying to get a quote but struggling with the prices I am being quoted: I live in West London and am being quoted £2000 ish for the labour excluding materials and disposal of waste.

My house is a Victorian "halls adjoining" and my neighbour has joined with me for the quote to see if that got us a discount but we are still being quoted £2000 each without materials, which with all due respect, seems very high. A neighbour who had theirs done last year that it took around 2 days.

(I recently had a very good tiling job done on my bathroom at a much lower daily rate but the guy is part of a team doing bathrooms and doesn't do outside paths).

I think one reason for the high cost is that 3 years a young couple with high powered jobs bought one of the houses in the road to renovate. Money was no object to them and among other work they replaced the front path. (I asked them at the time they got theirs done what it cost and they said they paid £2250 for labour only. They just laughed when I said it seemed expensive. They have now moved out and the house is rented out. I know they have had to lower the rental considerably recently to get a tenant).

My neighbour and I are semi retired and cannot afford this sort of cost for the work. Is it actually realistic? I have a spare room and could put someone up for a few days if they wanted to come from somewhere else in the UK to do the job.

Honeyrose

Hi That does seem rather high. Im in Harrow and would be happy to give you a quote, You can call me on 07861 216480

Reply to How much to tile a Victorian front path? - west london in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I was thinking about getting my front garden path laid with mosaic original style tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi. I am new to the forum, and would really appreciate some advice if possible please. We have...
Replies
Views
Hi, apologies for the repeat post, I hadn't seen this forum when I posted yesterday, but I think...
Replies
Views
Hello, am trying to complete a Victorian tiled hallway (pic attached), loads of questions to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
How much to tile a Victorian front path? - west london
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.