UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss How Much Would You Charge for this Tiling Work?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'd charge nearly double your standard rate. It's a fair job so don't loose it based on price alone. Talk to the customer about what you have got going for you. (whatever that might be, you know what I mean). I fear if you charged double you'd not get the job based on my sayso, but you can't do it at your standard rate. So somewhere between double and your standard rate for tiling would be an even between charging well and keeping the job.

Time it takes: It would take me ages. ALL your cuts are going to be on the wet cutter, so make sure you tell the customer this is why your price is priced a little higher than standard easy ceramics. If I did about 20 meters a day, you're talking three days. Then the day after (well morning or whatever) for grouting and cleaning. So about 4 days would be an option to give. But explain untill you cut a tile it's hard to tell if it's a soft or hard tile makeup. (Some can cut like butter, some have chippings in them that make it a pig to cut quickly).

If you did 13.5 meters a day and booked it in for a week, you'd have an early finish on Friday and would still have time to grout it all in the morning.

So you want a weekly wage + materials + a bit with a view to finishing early on your last day (I wouldn't tell the customer that though).

T

tileman2

Dan thanks for that info,

Metre rate in the north approx £20 sq m for ceramics so was thinking of £30 sg m, Daily rate apprx £150

If i charge daily works out at £750, but metre your talking over £1500 big difference

Id need 10 bags of 20kg adhesive which i could make more cash on.

Ive not done a lot of tiling myself so would probably take me a bit longer to carry out (completed North East Tiling around 4 weeks ago)

Regards

Kev

T

tileman2

Okay a follow up, Ive been and quoted this job basically its 54sm one large square room has had underfloor heating recently installed and has also been screeded just ready for the tiles.

The tiles are granite approx size 1/12 ft x 1/2 ft and 20mm thick.

I quoted £1800 which includes apprx £600 of materials which will cost me much less, making another 150-200 notes

The lady seemed quite happy with it and said she had a quote yesterday for around the same price which made her feel that this is the price which in my eyes is realistic.

I did obviously give her my speel (im the one for the job) lol and she was well happy.

I do think ive got this wrapped up but ill find out next week.

Regards

Kevin

T

trevortine

Good luck mate, I wouldnt have been so greedy on this one though, you will find that that sort of job becomes quicker to you as you learn. I would probably have charged about £1200 for this plus about £260 for adhesive and grout. It would take roughly 2.5 to three days so thats good money in my books. Just be careful not to lose work through pricing. You will acheive better reputation for beig fair and lets face it, no point in havin one good payin job and then nothin for a couple of weeks!

T

tileman2

Dan

Yep quoted £1800 inc materials, customer getting 5 quotes in total, she had already had one quote when i put minein and she said it was more or less the same price as mine.

I will hear next week

i will let you know if i here

ps, ive just done another quote today for a old friend

34sq m granite walls and floor newly plasterboarded and ply floor, its a bathroom with nothing in at the moment so it will be spot on as no cut outs for bath/sink/loo

I quoted £850 inc materials

Strange one though, i mentioned about the tiles will need sealing, and she said the tiles are already treated they get imported already done, i saw her kitchen floor and she said they hadnt been treated, they were very shiny (looked polished)

Anyone heard of this

Reply to How Much Would You Charge for this Tiling Work?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? I know this is a hard...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/tiling-rates-per-square-meter-per-day-how-much-do-tilers-cha...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I would just like to start off by saying that I've been in the construction industry...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.