Discuss How much? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Priced up a bathroom last week & she's not happy with the price.
29m2 of porcelain tiles, same on floor & walls, not sure of exact size but probably 600x300.
Walls getting re-sheeted with pb, so "should" be flat.
Floor is old screed in good condition but needs 4 bags of slc to get it level.
One door, one big window, have to form upstand & tile it as sink is centred on this window wall.
Tanked shower, 1200x900.
I was all in £945.00
Oh & this job is a 60 mile round trip for me.

S

Stef

A quick workout I made it about £1'180 and thats with no traveling....but including all materials.

Sorry Mark, I forgot to say I supply the adhesive grout & trims.

Yeah Bri, I know it's a good price but she's going for another quote as she thinks it's really expensive even though she has seen my work & knows that I will leave the best job she will get round my area.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

Sorry Mark, I forgot to say I supply the adhesive grout & trims.

Yeah Bri, I know it's a good price but she's going for another quote as she thinks it's really expensive even though she has seen my work & knows that I will leave the best job she will get round my area.

Did'nt even take the grout and any trims into consideration as it was a quick workout, did update my post so may have crossed over a bit there.

W

White Room

Don't go cheap Rob just to appease her, recently had one where she said I was dearer but for some reason the guy who had priced got a bad back.
I got the job and was speaking to the kitchen fitter and it's a tiler he recommends to customers, he said on one job where there was a cooker hood he started tiling from the corner with a full tile...no setting out for the cooker hood, no need to say how that turned out but he also stated the guy claimed he had been tiling for 20 years.....I somehow don't believe that.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Stef, I got the price £1198 inc. addy,grout,slc,chrome trim etc. Having a 60 mile round trip I would add something on for the inconvenience and time.

Some people are only interested in price. They will check the highest quote and check the lowest. Then they will think about all the money they would save if they just went with the lowest price.

At least she got back to you. What gets my back up is when the customer does not get back........I like feedback. Last time this happened I texted the customer after he did not get back to me. He then replied that I was too expensive. He really wanted a job done on a 'cash only' basis (i.e. no VAT). I don't charge VAT so how can I knock it off!!

Your quoted price is very competitive. It would be good to hear what price she is paying.

S

Stef

Found out today that she's going with another tiler & he quoted her at £620!!!!
This "Other" tiler is my ex business partner & I bet a pound to a penny that there will be a fair few tiles dot dabbed on to get over any problems if any arise.
He's not busy & has to take private work when he can get it.
I'm friends with her son & he is raging as he wanted me in because he knows the finish that would have been left.
There's no mention of slc to sort out the floor & no tanking in shower.

He completed a job not long ago at another job I priced up & low & behold there's water coming through her kitchen ceiling.. [emoji1][emoji1]

M

mike1979

ive been through this before b@~locks to them I did a kitchen floor they were chuffed to bits with it I gave them a quote for the bathroom they went with someone else who dots n dabs and the customer asked him to put uncoupling membrane on the floor as that's what I was going to do he said to the customer whats that ?? anyway the jobs crap and im not re doing it I told them that but they want me to do the ensuite so the price will go up

STEVO

TF
stockport
Leave it stef. If she dont wanna pay the money stuff her. And you got plenty on you say so no loss.

Cheers folks, we can't command as high a price up here but this customer has really done my nut in as she wants the job done for next to nothing.
She will get the job done cheaper but there's a good chance the tiles will be dabbed on & floor will still have a 25mm run in it.
I'm flat out with work but this one has been bugging me all weekend.. [emoji35][emoji35]

Reply to How much? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/tiling-rates-per-square-meter-per-day-how-much-do-tilers-cha...
Replies
Views
Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? I know this is a hard...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB