Discuss How quick is your tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Ireland
I normally wouldn't match those speeds OP,
I can turn on the speed if required, but quality is the key, and for that I can charge a premium. I know lots of "fast" tilers who are sitting twiddling their thumbs atm

today for example I did a 3.5m splashback,:)
although they were hand made crackle glazed 130 x 65, skirting tile, dado and quadrant finishing strips..
And I left with a €20 tip

A

Aston

deano
what i was trying to say was, you can only go so fast mate. as i said, if you got a room full of experienced pros, then there wouldnt be much difference between them?

i am certainly no way calling anybody money grabbing or whatever, there your words not mine but i stand by what i wrote as fair and the general concensus but there are always exceptions to the rule.

if you want quality on a site or on domestic, then once you over step you speed limit/capabilities, you are in danger of errors..

T

The D

deano
what i was trying to say was, you can only go so fast mate. as i said, if you got a room full of experienced pros, then there wouldnt be much difference between them?

i am certainly no way calling anybody money grabbing or whatever, there your words not mine but i stand by what i wrote as fair and the general concensus but there are always exceptions to the rule.

if you want quality on a site or on domestic, then once you over step you speed limit/capabilities, you are in danger of errors..

I'm not having a pop at you m8 i just disagree with your statement
The obsession with speed has come in from the building sites and low end commercial contracts. its about making the most money you can in the quickest time and that unfortuantely leads to sub standard work and questionable fixing techniques???

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Ed...Deano.. Do you guys need a HUG!!..:)

bighug.gif

N

NZ_Tiler

Im a 26yr old kiwi living in Austria. Completed my tiling apprenticeship in N.Z, worked on quality homes around Queentown lake N.Z, would only lay around 35m a week. Basically a nice bathroom, grouted and siliconed. Boss and customer always happy. Good money. Have now worked 3 and a half months in Austria and just got sacked, for being too ''slow''. In July i layed just over 200 quality metres. It was all 15x15 wall tiling, around 18m2 pre bathroom I was being paid ???? m and i worked with all my own tools and car. Feelin really hard done by,

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to How quick is your tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
How quick is your tiling
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.