Discuss how tight can you get? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob Z

I once had a customer who took great exception to me charging my drill batteries (it was to do her work) in her house to the point she said she was considering deducting the cost of the power from my bill.

ps She came from the south of England.

Sandy, I had a customer one time who wrote me a rant of a letter, annoyed that the job took so long. She said all the work was a fine quality, but I wasn't "professional" because it took me too long to do the work. She said she wished that she had deducted the cost of the sandwiches she had made for us from the payment at the end of the job.

I responded to her letter, kept my cool, explained why the job took so long, and apologized for the inconvenience. The only barb I threw in there was to say "if I knew the sandwiches you made for us were anything more than a generous gesture, I would have declined to eat with you. Please estimate the cost of the food and drink you prepared and I'll send the reimbursement to you."

I never heard back from her about that, but then out of the blue about a year later she called and asked me to install some windows for her.:prrr:

Reply to how tight can you get? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
how tight can you get?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.