Discuss How to avoid slithers at each end of the wall!! Advice wanted please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cairorugby

Hi

I am about to start tiling a bathroom. Walls are plain without any windows, just one recess that has been built into the studwork false back wall which is a feature and shelf. This wall faces you as you enter the room and it is where the wet area is situated. I have marked out my tiles from a centreline to the left and right and at each end I end up with a cut of about 10-15mm wide. What should I do to avoid this? Shall I move them slightly off centre so that the cut is all at one side?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Reply to How to avoid slithers at each end of the wall!! Advice wanted please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for some advice on how to set out my tiles. I think I have a solution but...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
How to avoid slithers at each end of the wall!! Advice wanted please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.