Discuss How to make the forum busier in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
This isn't a thread I'd usually post as it sounds a bit needy. But it keeps being mentioned that the forum feels quieter than it has been in the past, and you're probably right.

Other than a plonker or two blaming the fact the forum has sponsors, most of you have hit the nail on the head. It's down to new threads being posted less, which has a knock on effect on replies. And therefore content to come back to read and reply to.

So how do you make the forum busier? (No, you don't moan about companies being on board then suggest whacking dozens more on - that'll just become all salesy) - You post a new thread every now and again, and one that sparks decent debate. (Perhaps not ABOUT the forum per se though - but about tiling, or tiles, or adhesive, or something.)

That then will get read by X amount of people, and a % of those who read it will reply to it, then a % of those while on the forum will post a new thread, and the spiral continues forever.

If you come to the forum and expect it to be busy but you haven't posted a new thread yourself in weeks or months, then don't be surprised at all. The forum doesn't just need new replies to existing threads, it needs new threads.

And you can't moan about your own new threads as the world is your oyster, post about anything you fancy and I'm sure you'll find likeminded replies from fellow members.

The forum is a community and it needs to feel like it.

I've done a little recently in helping get the atmosphere back. And I'm yet to do a bit more too (but slowly slowly catchy monkey). But I do need a hand in doing this, as it's you lot that create the forum really.

So fire away, post a thread if you fancy it. Or don't and moan about it being quiet haha - left with you. :) (I'm messing!!)

All the best either way.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to How to make the forum busier in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is the Plumbers Forums is now Plumbers Talk Discussion Thread As always; a simple ‘logo’...
Replies
Views
This is the TilersForums.co.uk Tiling Advice Forum Discussion Thread TilersForums.co.uk, the...
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can...
Replies
Views
Kitchen Tiling Guide This simple Kitchen Tiling Guide is something a lot of people could have...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB