UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss how to prepare wall in shower area in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

nhendersontile

hi, i hope someone can help. i have an existing recessed shower area where we have taken down tiles etc and fitted new shower traty. however one wall (on the right as looking at pic) is totally uneven. i started levelling with bonding but then read that its not a good idea if going to tile after. i cant board as its too uneven and the walls (crumbly breeze block) wont hold screws well. am i ok to fit a bead at front edge (thinking of using one of those rendering larger ones) and levelling off with wickes one coat patching plaster. then leave for couple of weeks before tiling? also do i fit beading with the plaster or use plsater adhesive?
ive plastered a few times before so comfortable doing it but just want to know its the correct thing. also the gap i am filling out is about 20mm and the tiles are the ceramic 60x 30 ones)

any help much appreciatedx and ave added (pic here hi,

any help much appreciatedx and ave added pic here - flyingkiwi.com/contact-fo...1651%20(1).jpg
thanks
nei
l

N

nhendersontile

hopefully this works

Attachments

• IMG00007-20120828-1651 (1).jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 63
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to how to prepare wall in shower area in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.