Discuss How tolerant of customers are you? Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

How tolerant of customers are you? Discussion ThreadHow tolerant of customers are you? Electrical Advice

I'll be the first to admit that I don't have much enthusiasm for doing this job anymore, its only the relatively easy money that keeps me going but why on earth do customers think the world revolves around them. Just in the last week I turned up to do some lights in a bathroom for a small building firm and I already told him I only had a day or so free yet when I got there he had already volunteered my labour out to the householder to do some extra work in his bedroom and office, then comes the "oh but its getting plastered on Monday excuse.

Then this Saturday morning I get a phone call of someone who wants a job pricing, yet last time he didn't even get back to me on the last job I quoted for him and then after six months wanted it all re-quoting again as the spec had changed, he didn't even end up getting the job at all. So Saturday morning he emails the drawings, by Saturday afternoon there was a missed call off him and then a text saying "have you had a chance to look yet" FFS its Saturday man.

And lastly my neighbour, he wants an EICR, abou 10 extra sockets and a consumer unit change at his other house, I said "I'm quite busy at the moment, my mate is doing a re-wire by himself and I'll only do it if we both do it, but also I want to spend a few days at home doing my bathroom first whilst I've got the chance, I'll let you know when I can do it" He then throws out the decorator speil as they all do - This was last Friday, this morning (Tuesday he's been knocking on my door (which I ignored as it was early and I'm off), 3 missed calls from him and this evening he's been knocking again (ignored again).

Its like this constantly, everyone is under the impression that they are the most important precious person in the world and can't comprehend that someone might have something else to do and not drop everything for them. Its very rare now that you get customers that are even remotely organised.

So how do others handle this, do you just accept that the...

Read more

How tolerant of customers are you? for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to How tolerant of customers are you? Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
How tolerant of customers are you? Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond