Discuss How we all doing for work..? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bubblecraft

I'm absolutely jam packed. It has its good points & bad. I'm booked into April now which is fantastic but was running a day behind as I got my van sign written so had to work yesterday to finish up. Better than knocking over 10 customers back by one day.

It's been the best start to a year I've had since trading. Big jobs, big money!

Differing opinions out there i see when chatting to other trades..

That's so true. There's so many people out there with no work but these are individual tradesmen like just tilers, just plumbers, just joiners etc. I've a joiner mate who's just about to jack it in. Really good joiner too. I've suggested that he expands his field a little to see if it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bubblecraft

The weather was helping was it , Customers do not want work done when the weather is crap..

I think it's the opposite. I've one customer who wants 2 porch roofs re-built, spot lights & felted & another who wants pointing work done. They want them as soon as I'm free but trying to explain that felt will not stick in this weather let alone doing electrical work & pointing being done when temperature drops bellow 3 degrees. It might be warmer than this during the day but theres the fall in temperature at night.

D

DHTiling

Waiting until next December..lol

lmao2.gif

P

Peter

Had a good enough January. Not making a fortune but was able to keep working every day so better than I initially expected. Still only a week or two ahead but plenty in the pipeline including a few full houses. Hopefully it really picks up this month after everyone's got over Christmas. The majority of tilers/tile shops I've been talking to over the last few weeks have been very quiet so would say I'm getting on OK. If I have another year like last year I'll be happy.

Reply to How we all doing for work..? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We had an outdoor limestone patio laid at the start of June (finished circa 07/06/24)...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB