Discuss How we all doing for work..? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

ticking over but a tiler local to me is pricing against me on several jobs ,I called him today and told him I will be withdrawing my prices from one particular builder who is trying to create a dutch auction,I will call the builder tomorrow and ask him to delete my number

I don't play pricing games with people either Gary, I spend a decent amount of time on quotes to make sure I'm offering my best price to the customer and at the same time looking after myself.

C

charlie1

think i have around 100 m2 in front of me at mo so cant complain, but i want a new challenge. Maybe work as part of a team with lower £per m2 but more meterage, I have been lucky enough to be doing more high end work with stone and porc but id like to just do more meterage, think it would enhance my cv. Im not and never have done tiling to become rich so the money is not as much of an issue, need different life experience me thinks!

S

Spud

I don't play pricing games with people either Gary, I spend a decent amount of time on quotes to make sure I'm offering my best price to the customer and at the same time looking after myself.
Funny thing is Brian ,I tiled the customers 2 previous houses and they like my work ,the builder wants use this other tiler as he thinks he is his mate ,the tiler is a good fixer but subs out most of his work these days and cuts his prices to the bone to try and keep his subbies working so the finish will be okay but the customer wants better than good

I

Ian

think i have around 100 m2 in front of me at mo so cant complain, but i want a new challenge. Maybe work as part of a team with lower £per m2 but more meterage, I have been lucky enough to be doing more high end work with stone and porc but id like to just do more meterage, think it would enhance my cv. Im not and never have done tiling to become rich so the money is not as much of an issue, need different life experience me thinks!

You probably need to get into the commercial side of things, I'd prefer to do less metres and more intricate work. My ultimate goal is to charge £200 per metre and do 5 metres a week :lol: but seriously, I love stone work so, hopefully one day 100% of my work will be stone related.

I

Ian

Funny thing is Brian ,I tiled the customers 2 previous houses and they like my work ,the builder wants use this other tiler as he thinks he is his mate ,the tiler is a good fixer but subs out most of his work these days and cuts his prices to the bone to try and keep his subbies working so the finish will be okay but the customer wants better than good

If they want perfect, then it's all probably going to end in tears. Has the customer not requested you? Or maybe they are expecting you to do the job!

P

Peter

The big floors can be satisfying when you have a squad who work well together. We had about 7 men on some jobs and were wiping out 500m out in 3 days. :lol:

Reply to How we all doing for work..? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We had an outdoor limestone patio laid at the start of June (finished circa 07/06/24)...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB