Discuss How2Tile - Grangemouth, Scotland. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

ANDY5284

How2tile, Grangemouth

Hi guys!
My brother-in-law and I have just completed the tiling the course in Grangemouth and I can say it was a great, hard working, hands on course.
I don't think anyone who has been on the course has posted on here yet.

Although only running for a week all aspects are covered from health and safety right through to starting your own business and who is out there to help you get started. The instructor,Jock, is even free to take calls should you run into any problems after the completion of the course. With a ratio of 1 to 6 any mistakes are quickly spotted and explained why it is incorrect and how to rectify it. Bathroom and kitchen walls/floors and more are covered in a great learning environment, but be prepared to put in the graft. You also have the opertunity to purchase all or some of your tiling tools at great low prices (i checked!). I can easily say it was money well spent and would recommend to the course to others. I left the course feeling confident that i had enough to start the small business I want, with help only at the end of the phone.

I have read on here about the copied feedback on the website. I can personally vouch that the vast amounts of feedback, comments and e-mails of thanks left by course participates in the past makes up for this "small" issue. Some have even attached pictures of their first paid jobs as a tiler. The instructor is, i would say, "old school" with over thirty years experience, which he trys to share as much of with the course. He is genuine guy with good intentions in mind who, in my opinion, is doing a great job!

Keep it up!

Andy Rooney:thumbsup:

S

square16

hi there andy. i am very interested in a career change and have been labouring on and off for my friend who is a self employued tiler. i really enjoy the work and am now ready to go on a tiler course so I can sart my own career. I am just wondering if you feel the one week course at grangemouth is enough time for me to learn the trade then start on my own. i know all about mixing adhesives and grouts and cutting using rubi cutters, sigma cutters , snips and wet cutters . also i can apply grout and wash off to finish a job. its the practical tiling i havent done so much off. i am very interested in this career and was just looking for some advice on what course to choose.
cheerts.

W

WCT Stu

Hi all new member to the forum. I had just finished 25 years in the Army and looking for a career change decided on tiling. I attended the course at How2tile in Feb last year as I wanted to learn the tricks of the trade. I thought the course was excellent and the skills that I learnt have led me to start my own tiling company in the Highlands. Jock is a 1st class teacher and allows a lot more hands on than most courses. I would reccomend the course to anyone.
Many thanks
Stu Mackenzie

Reply to How2Tile - Grangemouth, Scotland. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

• Suggestion
Tile Mountain Reviews and Feedback, Online and In-Store. Please leave feedback in this thread...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Have you used Topps Tiles for suppliers of tiles, adhesive or anything else? If so, then please...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Stoke-on-Trent College provide Tiling courses for school leavers and mature students with both...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
How2Tile - Grangemouth, Scotland.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.