Discuss How's that for adabtability... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Jesus! imagine the UK H&S around there?! :lol:

They'd loose their minds!

They sure would! :lol: When I lived with Saad's family in Giza, Egypt I looked around and absolutely everything I saw would be illegal here, cars without number plates, little kids selling stuff to car drivers in the middle of five lane traffic, bread being transported on kind of single matress bases balanced on the head of cyclists holding onto it with one hand, no packaging round the bread or anything, traffic lights completely ignored, utter chaos, but people live and thrive and go about their business, there is no social services there, no benefit for anyone of any age, disability, you have to learn to survive and people learn it the tough way. A very very hard life in comparison to ours... and don't get me started on the state of the electric cables and fuse boxes... incredible.. :lol:

U

user123

God yes, Dan, so so lucky. Half the problems here are born out of greed wanting to have more... and jealousy that others have it better, etc, etc, there isn't much time nor energy for that when genuine physical survival is at stake, or finding ways to pay for your kids education from primary school age, hospital treatments, a water filter system for safe water, or even enough money to buy meat or whatever. When Saad was here he was amazed that there were ducks in a pond, he just kept shaking his head, because in Egypt they would be eaten, a chicken costs the equivalent of £20, hugely expensive for the average family... actually I better stop here before I get really boring.. but whan an eye opener... I could write a book on how lucky we are here....

U

user123

Could well be, no good to be smug about our comparatively cushty lives... what we do have on our side is a fertile landscape due to all the rain we hate so much, a climate that supports live rather than makes disease thrive, and flawed or not we have a democracy, the degree of corruption here does not compare with the corruption in other parts... our votes are counted, for example, and we are not forced to vote a certain way at gun point... and we do have the right to have passports.... and to travel, and to emigrate..... and contrary to Egypt for example our phone lines permit us to call abroad, in Egypt you have to pay for an extra hugely expensive fee for that privilege, or online shop,.... and we do have paypal, too, all things we take for granted...

Reply to How's that for adabtability... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Most tutorials suggest 'pushing firmly'. How do you know how firmly, and how can you ensure that...
Replies
Views
Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
The green bin leaked as I was taking it out last week. Any advice on how to remove the stains?
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
How's that for adabtability...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.