Currently reading:
Hows The Forum Looking And Feeling For You?

While we have you, why don't you checkout our Plumbing Advice forum PlumbersForums.net

Discuss Hows The Forum Looking And Feeling For You? in the General Off-topic Chat area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
The problem is it stores what everybody is writing on all forums constantly and if I set it to 15 seconds, it's doubling the writing to the database. So once they're all running on this software I can take a look at the processes the forums go through at peak times and tweak it a bit.

Pretty sure it's set at 30 seconds, and will save for 48 hours.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Well forum is loading slowly on my phone other websites working fine so when i want to click on something while page i s loading i ending up with something else and that's pretty annoying.
What device is this on? And is it the whole forum or just when you're in a thread?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Its the whole forum 1 tab open and all proceses all killed so i got lots of ram
Not sure then pal. The forum homepage loads a lot less than a thread. I've just halved the posts per thread for you. And if it's still doing it, i'm assuming it's perhaps cache related.

The forum is running fast. Load on the server is low. No open connections playing silly buggers (sometimes a cause for lag).

I'm on iPhone and am not experiencing the same.

Is anybody else lagging?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
The forum is running terribly for me, I've tried all sorts to cure it but, nothing seems to work.
Try the stock XF style @Bri

What actual problems are you experiencing?

I'm heading home now so I'll reboot the server and clear the cache at cloudflare which will force you all to load a new version.

I

Ian

Try the stock XF style @Bri

What actual problems are you experiencing?

I'm heading home now so I'll reboot the server and clear the cache at cloudflare which will force you all to load a new version.
Really stuttery, loads of loading lag, on my phone photos open on a new page every time, when returning to a previous page page the screen flashes back and forth between the two pages before finally returning to the previous page. It's almost unusable for me mate.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Really stuttery, loads of loading lag, on my phone photos open on a new page every time, when returning to a previous page page the screen flashes back and forth between the two pages before finally returning to the previous page. It's almost unusable for me mate.
If you use the stock XF style does it still do it?

Reply to Hows The Forum Looking And Feeling For You? in the General Off-topic Chat area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

TF on Facebook

Thanks for visiting the original Tilers Community.