Discuss Hows the work coming in in your area... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fred

Have not had the time to come on the forums recently, BUT I'm still alive!!! Been full out since the new year. Got some of the biggest jobs I've ever had and loving it!! Albeit, I got knocked by a nasty little man who was doing a new house up. Basically, quoted 2 days work plus materials for the 2 sides of a bath and a seperate shower area.

On the final day I gave him a receipt and he said. ' I'll pay next week in case the tiles come off!' We had words then he said he would internet bank that week. NO HE DIDN'T.

Got a call the following week end saying there was a mis-match of colours , he stated on my answer phone it was no my fault and I was needed to come over and replace 10 tiles.

Suddenly, he banked 2 thirds my labour plus half the material money! So, I thought, little book-keeping !!!! , I actually did the job in a day and a half, so 2 thirds I can live with, he's given me half the material money, all was left over from various jobs, so I cut my loses....LOL............the phone calls now, please, I will pay, blar blar blar!!!!

Turns out he has done this to every other tradesman I've managed to contact who has worked for him.

Life some times is hard, even stressful like this was when he didn't pay me, BUT...now I'm laughing.

D

Derry

Have not had the time to come on the forums recently, BUT I'm still alive!!! Been full out since the new year. Got some of the biggest jobs I've ever had and loving it!! Albeit, I got knocked by a nasty little man who was doing a new house up. Basically, quoted 2 days work plus materials for the 2 sides of a bath and a seperate shower area.

On the final day I gave him a receipt and he said. ' I'll pay next week in case the tiles come off!' We had words then he said he would internet bank that week. NO HE DIDN'T.

Got a call the following week end saying there was a mis-match of colours , he stated on my answer phone it was no my fault and I was needed to come over and replace 10 tiles.

Suddenly, he banked 2 thirds my labour plus half the material money! So, I thought, little book-keeping !!!! , I actually did the job in a day and a half, so 2 thirds I can live with, he's given me half the material money, all was left over from various jobs, so I cut my loses....LOL............the phone calls now, please, I will pay, blar blar blar!!!!

Turns out he has done this to every other tradesman I've managed to contact who has worked for him.

Life some times is hard, even stressful like this was when he didn't pay me, BUT...now I'm laughing.

at least you can laugh about it Fred, he sounds like a complete t**t!

Reply to Hows the work coming in in your area... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views
He guys, new to tiling and wondering how everyone else sets up. Whilst the weather is great I...
Replies
Views
Blunt Tool
B
We stopped the tilersforums.com Job Of The Month Competition a while back because it was quite a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Poynton, cheshire

Thread Information

Title
Hows the work coming in in your area...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.