Discuss How's the work going fellow tilers ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Hillhead, up and down in West London too. However, more ups than downs. I had this week booked off to sort out an issue I have (long story). On Monday I decided that I could not continue with this issue. Then the phone rang and I had 2 days work. Whist on the job I got a text for a days work in Somerset. On the way home another text for a days work in London! - crazy, but good. Possibility of 30sqm of marble next week. The work is coming in dribs and drabs. Very difficult to make plans, especially as the kids are off school and I need to visit Lego Land and Thorpe park etc! Cheers Sean

U

user123

I'm busy, too, it's just me who's too slow... can't find a proper smiley for that! Something like this maybe:
mornincoffee.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Peter

Been nice and steady for the last few months. July fortnight is a killer in NI with builders and merchants being closed and slow to start up again but thankfully have had plenty of work away from the builders to keep me going and fortunate enough to be fairly snowed under.

A lot of local tilers are pricing at 10m2, but cross 12-14m2 for straight forward stuff and you're pricing yourself out of the market.

B

borgie

We are very busy at the moment, got a big supermarket on the go, very low price but big areas. also just started fixing some very big and flexible 3mx1mx3.5mm tiles, and it looks like we are going to be using them a lot more as we are getting asked to quote for them almost every week. starting some shower blocks on monday, 200m of walling , got to be done by the end of the week. nice:8:

J

jay

We are very busy at the moment, got a big supermarket on the go, very low price but big areas. also just started fixing some very big and flexible 3mx1mx3.5mm tiles, and it looks like we are going to be using them a lot more as we are getting asked to quote for them almost every week. starting some shower blocks on monday, 200m of walling , got to be done by the end of the week. nice:8:

sounds interesting what are the thin tiles like to lay

B

borgie

sounds interesting what are the thin tiles like to lay

they are not the easiest tiles to fix. we have been trained by the manufacturer. big areas are quite easy, but small areas can be a nightmare, trying to get a 2.4x1m tile, with adhesive on the back, through small doorways into rooms with ceilings in. there is no room for error. the prep has to be more than bang on, 2mm in 2m. most of the cuts are done with a glass cutter.

Reply to How's the work going fellow tilers ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
How's the work going fellow tilers ?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.