• Thread starter MW Smith Ceramics
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 4K
  • Tags
    aus

Discuss Hygrometer Purchase in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Carbide Bomb. Its shouldn't be about cheap. It should be about Accuracy. CHEAP digital meters like the one in the link are next to useless IMO and I certainly wouldnt rely on one for a diffinitive moisture test result if I were laying lots of expensive tiles.

S

Spud

I was under the impression that most of the digital hygrometers were manufactured by the same company and the boxes were what vary with different company logos etc.
Isn't the hygrometer a BS backed method of testing anymore?
I have the protimeter kit ,I bought it from survey express in Hatfield it came with a traffic light type damp meter and a hygrometer with a foam box you attach the hygrometer to, it also,came with plastic sleeves you drill holes for and place in the screed called hygrosleeves , I also bought several,of the foam boxes on the link shown as when doing large areas I believe that you need to take several readings from different areas to be sure , that said I would like to back it up with a cm tester so when I get some money I will buy one lol

S

Spud

Here they are

image.jpg image.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hygrometer Purchase in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
    • Agree
    • Informative
We are looking for a few boxes of Ceramica Cotto Tiles in Tampa Ivory 16x16. Please let me know...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I’m after a bit of advice. I’ve just removed the floor tiles in our on suite. After...
Replies
Views
Hi all what adhesive would you recommend for dot and dabbing foam cored backer board onto...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB