Discuss I don't like this one bit - what does anyone else think? Re google+ / google ... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Olz

Everything is connected to anything anyway now the digital age is well and truly here. It doesn't bother me one bit. I've had my card cloned and money taken from my account, the bank actually rung me before I'd noticed asked me if I'd bought something for the amount I said no and before I even had chance to log onto the online banking the money had been put back!! they must have some seriously good fraud detection software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U

user123

Everything is connected to anything anyway now the digital age is well and truly here. It doesn't bother me one bit. I've had my card cloned and money taken from my account, the bank actually rung me before I'd noticed asked me if I'd bought something for the amount I said no and before I even had chance to log onto the online banking the money had been put back!! they must have some seriously good fraud detection software.

Oli, to me it's a different matter, security is one thing, but to have your every move monitored in order to control your search engine results for marketing and profit I find cynical, manipulative and very big brother like.. :-/

O

Olz

It's just a very effective method of targeted marketing. I find it quite usefull to have the things I'm most likley to be interested in being presented in this way. Saves me loads of time wading through results to find what I want. And I'm not really bothered if company A knows I like coke better than pepsi or f1 better than eastenders. Ultimately I just live by the rule that if I put something out there into cyberspace it may go public. If I don't want it to I don't upload it.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to I don't like this one bit - what does anyone else think? Re google+ / google ... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
I don't like this one bit - what does anyone else think? Re google+ / google ...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.