Discuss I had a client call me today because the TILER, the PLUMBER & the SHOP refused help! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

Had a woman call me this Monday morning in some distress. She asked if we (365Drills) could come out to site and help her (We charge £200+ a day) because nobody on the project wanted to drill holes in her tiles.

She said

The shop where she bought the tiles said it was not their problem.

The tiler said it was not his job to drill holes in tiles.

The plumber said it was not his job to drill holes eithe
r.

So she had to resort to trawling the net until she found our website where we offer a tile drilling service. But I agreed to save her a lot of hassle and send a £49.99 kit of drills out tonight to her BOYFRIEND and he is going to drill the tiles tomorrow...

I mean is this crazy or what? I have actually taken the time to write to the tile company to explain that we do exist out here - and have the solution!

I wont say their name (they are not any of the sponsors on here) but if you can get it cryptically then they are called something to do with the End Of The World and a huge place in London.

In my opinion all three were negligent in helping a client. A lot of finger pointing and yet the solution is so so simple.

kit2.jpg

On an £8000 bathroom project using top end tiles a fifty quid kit is just a simple solution and so her boyfriend now has to take over the drilling of tiles !!

We are in a crazy world folks !!

Upshot of this is that I have WRITTEN to the sales team at "that" company and clipped a copy of the invoice to the letter to show them that their customers are in distress over a simple problem which they should have the knowledge to provide a solution too.

She gave me the contact details of what she called a "very helpful lady" who can match tiles to trims and has a complete and deep knowledge of style and bathroom layout plus design and a good employee.

And I am hoping my letter will stir some action for future customer care.

And yes I may have done myself out of an easy £200 drilling job but its not about the money its about getting the right results.

Anyway.. Back to my corner !!!
:lol:

(PS: Having just gone back and re-read this post I realise that she was also let down by a fourth person refusing to drill holes - us !!)

Haha - She rings up "the company that drills tiles" and we say to her "No No" and so her boyfriend ends up with this job. She must think we are all mad (Please note we WOULD have done it but the task is so easy its criminal to take £200 for such easy work)

thats_not_my_job-p148625291198305783qz14_400.jpg

Suitable protective wear at that job site !

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1779

Re: I had a client call me today because the TILER, the PLUMBER & the SHOP refused he

Well she was saying they needed SIX holes for things like a radiator, shower head and a thermostatic valve.

Plus about 10 holes for fixings. Of course thats what is in the Bathroom Fitters Kit so its all straight forward.

But of course its the Boyfriend that is going to do it. I did offer to send the kit first and if they get totally stuck we will
come to St Albans and charge £150 for the day so crediting the cost of the kit bought from us.

They seem happy with that and are preparing to give it a go. But honestly have you ever heard of a client having to step
in between a tiler and a plumber and do the work. I think the girl (her name is Eve) should do it and shame the pair of em !!

G

garretridge

Re: I had a client call me today because the TILER, the PLUMBER & the SHOP refused he

I do bathroom refurbs and have to drill holes for various pipes and a our plumber is expected to drill the holes for fitting the radiators and towel warmers and Any other fittings in the job its a discrace in the current climate that people are refusing to finish a job especially high end work at £8000 i would do that even on a basic refurb job costing £2000 shame on them and well done 365 for coming to the rescue:thumbsup:!

D

Deleted member 1779

Richard i dont think it would have been same with the old director of the tile shop

I've been in there a few times to pick up tiles for clients who want them drilled. Its a mad house!
No wonder they can't get the customer service right. Still perhaps they have the location location location so dont need to worry.

Not the End of The World - For them - If you pardon the pun

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms

There's nowt as strange as folk.

I'm sure if the plumber or tiler were too lazy/scared/incapable of drilling the tiles there are plenty of other guys sat at home watching Dave all day (channel 19) who would be glad of the job.

Too many lazy blokes in this country, no wonder the Chinese have taken all out factory jobs, they work 3 times as hard for twice as long for a 10th of the money.

Reply to I had a client call me today because the TILER, the PLUMBER & the SHOP refused help! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hello all. We have employed a tiler to do our bathroom and floor tiles. We bought the tiles...
Replies
Views
Hello all I’m looking some of these tiles in picture I changed a bath last week bath was chased...
Replies
Views
J
    • Winner
moved to the london area in 1984 when my wife got a transfer to Guildford with her works. needed...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
I had a client call me today because the TILER, the PLUMBER & the SHOP refused help!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.