UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss I kid you not in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob Z

Am i the only only one chuckling away at "oh he didnt use tile adhesive, he said it was rubbish and said the best thing was.....No Nails !!!"
:hurray:

I guess this is the same thing as our "Liquid Nails". We just tore out a job a few months ago that was set with construction adhesive. Incredibly, somehow the job had held up for ~20 years. :yikes:

Neale, score "1" for the good guys!:thumbsup: This client sounds like a "keeper". Congrats. :thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Really pleased to hear that mate. You'll do a really good job, and really enjoy doing it too. And the bonus is you're highly likely to get the rest of their work which is just bloody brilliant. :D

You'll be able to have a chuckle or two when you tell them you're mod of the forum they used to read up on tile! Not something you hear every day that.

G

Gazzer

Well eventually got the call to say all tiles had been removed and floor reboarded with 22mm ply. So made a start today but couldnt resist loking for the tiles that had been removed to see if they had been fixed with no nails !...Couldnt see any evidence of that and plenty of Wickes adhesive buckets about...so Just for Dave...here are a few piccies :smilewinkgrin:
IMG00120-20100809-0911.jpg

IMG00119-20100809-0911.jpg

IMG00118-20100809-0910.jpg

IMG00117-20100809-0910.jpg

IMG00115-20100809-0906.jpg

IMG00120-20100809-0911.jpg

Attachments

• IMG00114-20100809-0906.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Well eventually got the call to say all tiles had been removed and floor reboarded with 22mm ply. So made a start today but couldnt resist loking for the tiles that had been removed to see if they had been fixed with no nails !...Couldnt see any evidence of that and plenty of Wickes adhesive buckets about...so Just for Dave...here are a few piccies :smilewinkgrin:
View attachment 9105

View attachment 9106

View attachment 9107

View attachment 9108

View attachment 9109

View attachment 9105
Classic coyboy! I wouldn't even say 'cowboy tiler'.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to I kid you not in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m in a bit of a pickle. I hired a tiler to do our tiling and initially he told us...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.