Discuss I saved a lot of time with this in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Ireland
I was faced with this dilemma, two feature strips, either side of wc and basin. tiles are 11mm, mosaics are 8mm.Oh and they want 2 silver square trims either side of the mosaics, these are 9.5mm. Normally I would try and put the trim under the tiles as it is too fiddely to bed out both trims and mosaics.
The solution: Make them up the night before
DSCF0668.jpg

DSCF0669.jpg

Ready to be fitted
DSCF0670.jpg

DSCF0671.jpg

DSCF0672.jpg

Fitted
DSCF0675.jpg

DSCF0676.jpg

DSCF0677.jpg

The finished article
DSCF0679.jpg

DSCF0680.jpg

R

Richard Edwards

Quality........ I do something similar with thin sheet mosaics when they have to go with thick tiles, I stick them to ditra.....

I keep 6mm lux / cementous board for that issue. stick the 6mm board as a strip to the wall in the gap between the thicker tiles and as long as the main tiles are set at the correct height - 12/13 mm on a 10mm porcelain tile, run the mosaics in a line to fill the gap - bobs your uncle or is he the auntie ?

Reply to I saved a lot of time with this in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi, hope that someone might be able to help. We are currently in the process of tiling our...
Replies
Views
M
hi, wondering if anyone can help, been doing a bathroom with trims everywhere. window, 3 mosaic...
Replies
Views
U
Just to be on the safe side i purchased all 20m2 of the wall tiles Wickes had on sale in the...
Replies
Views
G
At what point do you say no to doing a job ? My problem here is this, I get called in to quote a...
Replies
Views
C
Hi not been around as much as I would like to have been lately. Anyway I'm about to tile a...
Replies
Views
cornish_crofter
C

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

tommyzooom

Arms
TF
Ireland
Website
http://www.mcknight-tiling.ie

Thread Information

Title
I saved a lot of time with this
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks