Discuss I want a Job/Training in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

graniteman346

Hi Tilers. Ive just joined this site only moments ago. I'll get to the point! I want to become a Tiler and i want to work along side a good Tiler. Im 30 years old and i live in southend. I am currently a Stone Mason and fabricate granite kitchen tops and have been doing this for 14 years, but i break my back trying to make a living and it's just not giving me one. all that Liability/responsibility that comes with it, it's just not worth it anymore. If there is any good Tilers out there that are after reliable and a dependable person. I'd be a good Tiler given the chance after all, i do shape them for Tilers from time to time. Cheers

A

Aston

hi granite man
i can understand your concerns in your line of work mate..if something goes wrong or somebody trys to rip you off then you left holding the bill and granite worktops can be a big bill..especially with all the lifting gear and stock you have to carry.

imo you have a great foundation. you are a stone mason so at least cutting and preparation is in your favour.
your only 30 so your young. if you cant get working with somebody, then stay on here and ask away before you pay for a course...

my advice would be break your learning down into 3 sections to get you going...

1.substrate preparation.....ie all the backgrounds on which to tile, waterproofing, backboards, decoupling membranes etc
2. setting out and tile desgins/layout considerations etc
3. adhesives, grouts, primers, self levelling compounds and ad mixes..

you have stone work and cuts already in the bag, so possibly 'one of the hardest areas of tiling' imho is done already...

best of luck and post away because you questions determine your answers on here ;0)

ed

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to I want a Job/Training in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi Just after any advice on starting up as a tiler , same old stuck in a dead end boring job...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi guys. My son, 16, not enjoying school or college has been working with me for a bit of money...
Replies
Views
alice james
A

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
I want a Job/Training
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.