Discuss I want to go home...best time to travel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I hate doing this schlep at the best of times, and with the weather the way it is, Im dreading it.

Lynn

Now there's a word I haven't heard in a long time, as for travel, depends on the weather and how well you cope with it, if it were me, I would travel night time, Christmas Eve should be quiet enough, and at least your home ................... having said that, where are heading to Lynn ?

P

Pebbs

Now there's a word I haven't heard in a long time, as for travel, depends on the weather and how well you cope with it, if it were me, I would travel night time, Christmas Eve should be quiet enough, and at least your home ................... having said that, where are heading to Lynn ?

Your house Alan dont you remember asking me?!!!

Im back of to Lichfield, (I hope) me little Irish mummy will be waiting saying theres no food in the house and theres enough to feed an army!

Lynn

Your house Alan dont you remember asking me?!!!

Im back of to Lichfield, (I hope) me little Irish mummy will be waiting saying theres no food in the house and theres enough to feed an army!

Lynn

Welcome any time Lynn, Liz won't mind, the more the merrier lol

Lichfield, I would miss the M1 and M6 and go straight up the M40, a lot better road, and that'll take you onto the bottom of the M42 for a very short spell, that's the way I would, and often do go home, if I'm on the West of the M25.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Sorry if I'm going against the grain here.

Sack the job. It's not worth it. Bow down to nobody. If they appreciate your services they will wait. Going xmas eve proves they're just a maybe. (unless you know otherwise or he's a real regular but fussy - even a regular of mine would know not to call me during december or early jan TBH). If they knew you or were a regular they'd appreciate you need to run your company (or side of the company?) and let you quote when you can quote.

Xmas is Xmas. It's just the way the cookie crumbles and you've got to back it. You can't get bread Xmas eve in most places. Why on earth would you expect to get a tiling quote? The only guy that would quote, would be the desperate one.

Back off I say, let 'em know who you are. You're going to do the job because you can, not because you're desperate. (Not saying you are mind, but I'd think you are if I requested a quote on Xmas eve - especially if I thought it involved you driving out Xmas morning!!!!!!)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Welcome any time Lynn, Liz won't mind, the more the merrier lol

Lichfield, I would miss the M1 and M6 and go straight up the M40, a lot better road, and that'll take you onto the bottom of the M42 for a very short spell, that's the way I would, and often do go home, if I'm on the West of the M25.
You know she's a blue-eyed blonde that actually pretty fit? I even guessed it in a weird way once which freaked her out for a min or two until I replied with other guesses of what she looked like lol.

I'd gladly have her around my house but I bet the Mrs wouldn't love it :lol:

(sorry Lynn, probably crossing a boundary there, but my number is 07928 011 lol)

Reply to I want to go home...best time to travel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
I want to go home...best time to travel
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.