Discuss Identifiying different types of travertine? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

meansmee

Thanks for all the replies.
The travertine is honed and polished. I was expecting there to be variations in the shade from tile to tile as it is a natural stone but was not expecting the whole batch to be so much darker. The display was a light ivory colour where as all of the ones i now have are very brown/orange. as for when they were quarried i could not say. I have separated one from the pack and put it in front of the radiator to see if it does need drying out but it has been there all night and still looks the same shade. If the stone is wet would this not be the colour once sealed?

Last edited by a moderator:
M

meansmee

Yep took a few tiles in for them to have a look at and they said the quality of them was very poor. They were most apologetic and took us to their warehouse and let us pick a new pallet which you cold see was far better quality as was loads lighter and loads less filler, so all sorted (well just about still have to take back 40sqm of trav to swap which int the lightest thing ever but better than having a bathroom I don't like:)

Cheers for all your input

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Yep took a few tiles in for them to have a look at and they said the quality of them was very poor. They were most apologetic and took us to their warehouse and let us pick a new pallet which you cold see was far better quality as was loads lighter and loads less filler, so all sorted (well just about still have to take back 40sqm of trav to swap which int the lightest thing ever but better than having a bathroom I don't like:)

Cheers for all your input

Get some before and after shots uploaded to the forum for us! :) We love pics!

Reply to Identifiying different types of travertine? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hi All, So i'm looking for some advice on laying travertine DIY. Here is the situation: 38...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Identifiying different types of travertine?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks