Discuss If you keep it long enough you'll find a use for it :) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cornish_crofter

I'm talking that 3rd of a bag of BAL Greenscreed. Today I finally laid the slate sills in our conservatory. Wife is dead chuffed with them. I had just enough to do the job.

I'd built up studwork for the inner walls with foilbacked insulation, then fixed 6mm hardibacker strips, also offcuts from a previous job, spanning the width from the window to the edge of the inner wall. Then primed with PVA :yikes:....... only kidding, SBR.

Then set the slate down that had already been cut to size.

C

cornish_crofter

Pics?????

I've got to clear out some junk, skim the walls (not much area at all) and then SLC and lay tiles on the floor.

Then I'll post pics and you can see the (nearly) finished job ;)

Suffice to say that these cills are 1/2 inch chinese slate cut to size. Each side consists of 2 pieces and there is another piece at right angles coming to the door. I didn't mitre the corners for a variety of reasons. One is that I wanted to keep the joints to a minimum and mitreing the corners would have necessitated 3 pieces of slate down each side rather than 2 - as the slate is supplied in 1200mm squares. Also lapping them was easier :lol:

I've also treated myself to a Rubimix - 9 paddle mixer.

Reply to If you keep it long enough you'll find a use for it :) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
Hi Chaps, So I have started my first ever tiling job. I had a porch built a year or so ago...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
I
Hi, I would appreciate some advise regarding a tiling job currently under way in my bathroom...
Replies
Views
ian158
I
C
A good read and I agree with most of it... It was written by Jim Olsztynski who is...
Replies
Views
easyt
E
D
That job I went to see on behalf of another Tiling company already had about 8 tilers on site...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
If you keep it long enough you'll find a use for it :)
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.