UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Im never using ply again... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I have had to cut ply for 70m of floor and boxing. I am sick of the sight of the stuff and have been wanting to make the transition to using cement boards.

However with my current job I have to price the floor including boarding over the weyroc due to its deflection and rises.

There is a floor to meet of Karndean at 12mm at the hallway door.

The guy is also wanting a price with and without UFH, another tiler has quoted him nearly £800 for the kit and controller !!!

The new kitchen is going in in around 6 weeks. I think I have bagged the job with the amount of time I was there chatting about life in general and the things we have in common.

What is the best way to construct this floor. Shall I board the floor then use matting, slc then tile ?
Shall I tile straight onto the matting. cement boards, insualtion or what !!!!

Cheers.

Last edited:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Im never using ply again... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm new to the forum and not in the trade, so please excuse my ignorance. I'm looking...
Replies
Views
MiriamT
M
I'm a total tiling beginner having my kitchen/diner redone by builders. The dining area has a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.