Search the forum,

Discuss I'm not sure if this tiling is acceptable in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hello. Hope I'm in the right place. I have enployed a bathroom designer / fitter to do my bathroom. I'm not happy with the tiling. I am extremely happy witg every other aspect of the job.

I was hoping to get a professional opinion on the tiling, so I can decide if I should as the fitter to re do this area.

Any advice appreciated.

IMG_20200621_081230.jpg

IMG_20200621_081142.jpg

IMG_20200621_081131.jpg

Hello. Hope I'm in the right place. I have enployed a bathroom designer / fitter to do my bathroom. I'm not happy with the tiling. I am extremely happy witg every other aspect of the job.

I was hoping to get a professional opinion on the tiling, so I can decide if I should as the fitter to re do this area.

Any advice appreciated.

View attachment 112768

View attachment 112769

View attachment 112770
It looks quite poor from those pictures :( That grout may well have stained your window frame permanently :(

Terrible. To be quite frank that design, to me as a DIY'er, is quite challenging and really should have been done by a professional tiler. I can tile a bit (better than this guy though) but I think that would send shivers down my spine. It was clearly beyond his skill level and he should have been professional enough to admit it.
I personally wouldn't have started with full tiles into and out of the corners, and I would have mitred them not slathered them in grout. The black grout choice makes it look worse.

Reply to I'm not sure if this tiling is acceptable in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement