Discuss Impey Aquadec – gradient and tiling query in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

llama

Hi, I'd really appreciate a bit of advice with the following, if you can understand what I'm going on about!

I will be tiling a 1500x900mm Impey Aquadec with offset drain which is fitted into a recess of the same size. I plan to envelope cut 40x40 limestone tiles to fit the former.

My main concern is that the Dec has a fairly large flat area around the edges, approx 70mm on the long edges and 35mm on the short edges. This has the effect of reducing the dec area with a gradient to nearer 1360x830mm.

Obviously I don't want a strip of level tiles around the edge. Would I be ok to do my envelope cuts from the corners of the square gulley to the very corners of the former, effectively building up the gradient on the flat area of the former with the adhesive? Bearing in mind that this will take my envelope cuts slightly away from where they would be if you took a line from corner of the gulley to the corner of the graded area.

Sorry to waffle on but it's quite difficult to put into words.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Impey Aquadec – gradient and tiling query in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just reached the point of tiling the floor of my wetroom. It has an Impey Aquadec linear 2...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have a question about how/when best to install tile trim - probably quite basic! One...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Good evening to all. I’m here this evening looking for some advice if you would be so kind...
Replies
Views
I would very much appreciate the advice of anyone who has fitted Marmox boards as I have decided...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Impey Aquadec – gradient and tiling query
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.