Discuss Impressive skill in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

Four to five buckets of sand (1 buckets = 20 liters) per sack of lime (one sack of lime = 25 kilos).
Four sacks of lime per sack of cement (one sack of cement = 50 kilos).
and multiplied by the portion of sand.

Depending on the thickness of the sand, Sand very thin there is put four to five buckets to a sack of lime. When the sand is very thick you lay three buckets
depending on the consistency that you want to give the mixture.

Heavy lime content which varys to the quality of sand

C

charlie1

These ceiling bricks are held up as they are in a state of compression, the more weight then the stronger it will be, I'd imagine the outside walls would require buttresses. You would think it would be a weak structure until the last stone went in to place (key stone) but I think the way they are doing it around gradually in a square gives the structure enough strength while it's being built.

S

Stef

These ceiling bricks are held up as they are in a state of compression, the more weight then the stronger it will be, I'd imagine the outside walls would require buttresses. You would think it would be a weak structure until the last stone went in to place (key stone) but I think the way they are doing it around gradually in a square gives the structure enough strength while it's being built.

Normally it's the keystone that holds the whole thing together but that keystone is normally put in then the supports are taken away.
As you say those outside walls will be taking a lot of pressure from that ceiling.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Impressive skill in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
I fixed some mosaic the other day, long, thin strips in a 300x300 mesh cut in to two, and used...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB